All of the above is that WooCommerce and Shopify have multiple advantages and maybe your ideal solution for building an e-commerce store. The best news is that you can do everything yourself without any help from professional designers and/or developers.
First of all, which of the two is actually more suitable for your specific needs, Shopify or WooCommerce to create a fantastic online store? Which feature is (more abundant? cheaper? better? more flexible?the easiest to cooperate? )
We have many questions to solve, but we will answer them in this in-depth comparison.
Pros and cons
When we compare WooCommerce vs Shopify, it is obvious that both have advantages and disadvantages. Let’s explore what can be attributed to each platform.
Shopify pros and cons
Shopify advantages 👍
- You know exactly how much you will pay every month and the price is reasonable.
- Access thousands of applications to expand your store.
- The theme is rich and beautiful.
- Shopify handles everything from hosting to security for you.
- It only takes a few minutes to start the store.
- Dropshipping is simple with Shopify.
- This support is the best in the industry.
Shopify disadvantages 👎
- Don’t have much control over the website Shopify .
- The customization of other platforms is better.
- Pay for the monthly payment.
WooCommerce pros and cons
WooCommerce advantages 👍
- Provides complete customization and control.
- WordPress has a huge community online.
- The themes and plugins are endless because almost anyone can make and sell them online.
- Easy to configure on WordPress.
- The WooCommerce plugin in the tropics is free.
WooCommerce disadvantages 👎
- Little more learning curve than shopify.
- Eventually becomes more expensive due to plugins, themes, and hosting.
- You cannot manage everything from hosting to security, from maintenance to backup.
WooCommerce vs Shopify: What is the difference?
When you search for reviews of WooCommerce and Shopify through Google, you will find a lot of opinions from different business owners. Although these insights will be helpful, the truth is that whether you choose WooCommerce vs Shopify will boil down to some core differences.
For example, Shopify is an all-in-one e-commerce solution designed to provide you with everything you need to get started.
Less complexity, Less technical aspects of the operation, More focused into business tools, easy-to-use credits go to Shopify other than WooCommerce.
Your Shopify store can be set up and running in just a few minutes. However, this also means that you will not gain as much granular control over your site.
On the other hand, if you are looking for more customization options, WooCommerce is a self-hosted software for e-commerce. This means you can access the code and access various parts of the store.
WC gives you a lot of freedom to build everything into your store, which is essential for your team. This also means that you can run your business with a WordPress blog.
However, when you compare Shopify vs WooCommerce, remember that the freedom you get from WooCommerce pays for it. In other words, you need to know how to deal with the technical aspects of the website and ensure its security.
Let’s say, you are a beginner and don’t want to see web hosting and hosting provider details, then Shopify is a good choice. But If you want more freedom to try your own website and you already like to use WordPress, choose WooCommerce.
Let’s say Shopify is your choice: you want to provide an all-in-one package for your e-commerce store to get you up and running quickly, with many great features and applications.
If WooCommerce is your choice: you already have a WordPress website, and you don’t mind having more control over your store.
If you are interested to know the best WordPress themes in 2021 Click here